The sweet potato and orange cupcakes with vanilla frosting are very creamy and fruity in flavor, the result of the sparkling combination of sweet vanilla, with the soft citrus accents of orange.
These sweet and creamy cupcakes are perfect for the fall because they are made with two of the great protagonists of the season: the sweet potato and the orange; but it is in the Castañada (October 31) when they become more attractive because they allow us to eat the delicious sweet potatoes that are so typical of this fiesta, in a different way.
The base of these cupcakes is rich in beta-carotene , tocopherol (for the health of the skin and eyesight), carbohydrates , omegas 3 , 6 and 9 , lecithin , bioflavonoids , polyphenols, fiber , tryptophan , vitamins C and E , folic acid , potassium , calcium , phosphorus , magnesium , sulfur , zinc , copper and boron ; while the cover , being made with coconut milk , contains vitamins of group B ( B1 , B2 , B3 , B5 and B6 ), selenium and chromium .
Below you can see what ingredients you need and what steps you have to follow to be able to enjoy these simple and delicious cupcakes this Castañada and the rest of the season.
|Difficulty level||Preparation time||Rations|
|Easy||4 h. y 30 m.||For 8 units|
For the base
- 400 gr. of sweet potato
- 150 gr. of dates medjoul
- 150 gr. of nuts
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence
- skin zest of 1 lemon
- skin zest of 1 orange
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- orange 1/2 juice
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 can of coconut milk (cooled a minimum of 4 hours)
- 3 tablespoons of icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- We put the sweet potatoes to roast at 200º for 1 hour. Meanwhile, we debone the dates and chop the nuts a little (without passing so that they do not become oily and bitter). After this time, we remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and let them cool.
- When the sweet potatoes have cooled (about 1 hour), peel them and place them in the blender glass with the rest of the ingredients for the base and beat until they are well mixed.
- Fill the cupcake molds with the mixture for the base and put them in the freezer for 2 hours.
- We remove the solid part of the coconut cream (which we have refrigerated for a minimum of 4 hours) in a large container and beat a little with the rods at medium speed.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and beat for a couple of minutes, until you get a soft and fluffy texture.
- We take out the bases of cupcakes from the freezer and, with the pastry bag, we put on them the vanilla cover from the center to the outside, and in an ascending way (going up when we reach the point where we started).
- Finally, we put them in the fridge for 20 minutes so that the frosting takes more consistency.
- In order to make the vanilla topping, it is important that the coconut milk contains a percentage of coconut between 50% and 75%.
- We also recommend that both the container and the rods you are going to use are cold so that the frosting takes on a better texture (you can put them in the fridge for a few minutes).
- If you don't have icing sugar on hand, you can make it yourself by passing the sugar through a coffee grinder.
- You can finish giving a final touch to the cupcakes by decorating them with a little vanilla or caramel syrup.
If you have any questions, you can leave it to us in the comments. And if you dare and want to show your creations to the world, do not hesitate to label us, we will love to see them through the networks!
Do you join us on social networks? You will find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!