This seitan with vegetables in papillote is a very easy dish to make, that requires little effort and that results in a very rich and concentrated flavor and aroma thanks to the way of cooking it, since its ingredients are baked in their own juice .
When cooking in papillote, the food acquires a greater flavor and a better texture, because the steam that circulates inside the bag during baking, allows the ingredients to cook evenly and the different nuances of each one of them are enhanced and permeate the base, the seitan in this case.
And is that, by wrapping the seitan with vegetables in papillote, the vegetables are releasing their juices and permeating the seitan, which is so tasty, tender and with a delicious point.
To obtain an optimal result, the ideal is to use a seitan with a delicate texture and a mild flavor that allows the flavor of the vegetables to penetrate, like this soft spongy seitan .
In addition to cholesterol-free , this dish is rich in protein , lecithin , fiber , beta-carotene , lycopene , allicin , alliin , flavonoids , carbohydrates , omega-9 fatty acids, terpenoids , vitamins A , C , E , K and group B ( B1 , B2 , B3 , B6 and B9 or folic acid ), sulfur , calcium , phosphorus , iron , magnesium , potassium , selenium , sodium , iodine and, in smaller amounts, copper , manganese and zinc .
Below you can see what ingredients you need and the steps to follow in order to make a juicy dish with an enveloping flavor.
|Difficulty level||Preparation time||Rations|
|Easy||1 h.||For 3 people|
- 250 gr. seitan
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 purple onion
- 1/2 zucchini
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut the seitan into fillets of 1 cm. thick. Set aside.
- Wash the peppers, open them in half to remove the seeds and julienne them. Set aside.
- Peel the carrot, wash it and julienne it. Do the same with the zucchini and the onion.
- Put the oil to heat in a large pan and when it is warm, add the vegetables, salt and pepper and let cook for 10 minutes over medium heat. After this time and when the vegetables are soft, remove from the fire and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 175º. Cut pieces of vegetal paper of about 21 cm. wide and, in the center of each piece of paper, place a fillet of seitan. Put a spoon of vegetables on each one of the fillets of seitan, carefully. Add a few drops of the oil where the vegetables have been cooked, put the ends of the paper together and fold them over themselves and folding the sides downwards, forming a pouch, so that it is well closed but loose and so the steam can circulate inside When we have all the bags closed, we are passing them to a baking tray.
- Introduce the tray in the preheated oven and let the sachets bake for 15 minutes. After this time, take out the tray and serve immediately.
- At the time of serving the seitan in papillote, you can do it both still wrapped in baking paper so that it maintains the aroma until the last moment, as without it.
If you have any questions, you can leave it to us in the comments. And if you dare and want to show your creations to the world, do not hesitate to label us, we will love to see them through the networks!
Do you join us on social networks? You will find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!