Autumn is the best time to consume forest fruits (also known as red fruits), and there is no better way to do it than with a delicious 100% vegetable cheese cake.
This cheese cake, as it does not contain any ingredient of animal origin, is much lighter than the traditional one and, in addition, it is free of cholesterol, since the ingredients of vegetable origin do not contain it. p>
As for its flavor, making the different fruits of the forest an appetizing candied cover, highlight with the soft acidic touches of this the sweetness of the body of the cake, getting, in addition, that the bed of cookies on the one that rests takes on an even more delicate flavor. .
As for the appearance, as the fruits of the forest contain carotenoids and anthocyanins (pigments that give the tone that characterizes these fruits) , these provide an intense color that gives a lot of life to this dessert.
The berries that make up these fruits are a mixture of berries , raspberries , < strong> blueberries , black currant , red currant and strawberries , so that add them as a cover of the cheesecake, we eat fruits rich in fiber , antioxidants (especially polyphenols , carotenoids and anthocyanins ), lecithin , polyphenols , flavonoids , vitamins A , C , E , K and of group B ( B1 , B2 strong>, B3 , B5 , B6 , B7 and B9 or folic acid , calcium , phosphorus , iron , magnesium , potassium < / strong>, zinc and copper .
On the other hand, as the body of the cake is made with tofu strong>, which is very rich in proteins and calcium and also contains
trong> lecithins , fatty acids omega 3 , vitamins E , K and del group B ( B1 , B2 , B3 , B5 , B6 , B7 and B9 or acid Folic , phosphor , magnesium and potassium , we will also benefit from all these nutrients.
Below you can see what ingredients you need and the steps to follow in order to make the ideal dessert for this time of year.
|Difficulty level||Preparation time||Rations|
|Medium||1 h. y 45 m.||For 8 servings|
* Plus 2 and a half hours of refrigeration
For the base
- 180 gr. of ecological vegan cookies
- 100 gr. of non-hydrogenated margarine
For the intermediate layer (filling)
- 750 gr. of firm silky tofu
- 125 ml. of soy milk
- 100 ml. of agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon of non-hydrogenated margarine
- 300 gr. of berries
- 150 gr. of whole cane sugar
- 150 ml. of water
- We crush the cookies until they are like flour and melt the margarine until it is liquid. Once we have this melted, we put it next to the cookie flour in a mold of about 20 cm. wide, mix well and exert pressure with your hands to crush the mixture against the bottom of the mold, ensuring that everything is even. Then we put it 30 minutes in the freezer.
- We put in a wide bowl all the ingredients of the filling and beat them until you get a homogeneous mass. We take the mold out of the freezer and, making sure that the base is already hard, place the dough on it with the help of a spatula or a spoon (with the back) so that it is uniform and smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 175º for 15 minutes and introduce the mold for another 35 minutes. After this time, we remove the mold and let cool.
- In a saucepan, put the fruits of the forest, sugar and water and heat over medium heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally so that it does not stick. After this time, we put out the fire and let it cool down.
- When it is warm, we beat it a little so that it is homogeneous, we throw it on the filling that we have in the mold and we spread with a tongue until getting a perfect coverage. We put it in the fridge for 1 hour and, when the jam has solidified, we serve it.
- We recommend that the cookies do not contain palm oil.
- When selecting vegetable margarine, check that it does not contain palm oil either and that it is 100% vegetable (Eg: Flora brand olive margarine has gelatin among its ingredients).
- You can substitute soy milk for any other vegetable milk.
If you have any questions, you can leave it to us in the comments. And if you dare and want to show your creations to the world, do not hesitate to label us, we will love to see them through the networks!
Do you join us on social networks? You will find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!