The quinoa timbale with pumpkin is a dish without excesses and without complications, but above all it is a great option if you want to make a single dish.
And it has a very good combination of proteins, vitamins and minerals, since the quinoa - pumpkin mixture provides complete proteins (quinoa contains all the essential amino acids ), complex carbohydrates , omega 3 , fiber , vitamins of group B ( B1 , B2 and B3 ), vitamin C , vitamin E , folic acid , beta-carotene , calcium , iron , zinc and a lot of magnesium . In addition, peppers and onions add vitamin B6 , lycopene , flavonoids , potassium , phosphorus , sodium and sulfur .
Below you can see what ingredients you need and what steps you have to follow to enjoy this simple and complete recipe.
|Difficulty level||Preparation time||Rations|
|Easy||1 h.||For 3 people|
- 1 y 1/2 glasses of quinoa
- 150 gr. pumpkin
- 1 green pepper
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 onion
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 glasses of water
- 1 vegetable broth pill
- We wash the vegetables, remove the seeds and the white pulp from the interior cavity of the peppers and cut everything into small pieces. To the pumpkin we remove the seeds, peel them and cut them into cubes.
- We toss 3 tablespoons of oil in a wide pan and pochamos the onion along with the peppers. We sauté everything for 5 minutes over high heat, add the salt and lower the heat a little.
- We put a part of the squash in the sauce to mix with the rest of the vegetables, we remove it for 5 minutes and cover it for a quarter of an hour so that it is done well, making sure it does not stick (we will stir).
- Wash the quinoa well until the water comes out clean, add it in the sauce and add the vegetable broth and water. We cook it for 12 minutes (time you need the quinoa to cook well) controlling that it does not stick.
- We put in a pan with a tablespoon of oil the pumpkin we had reserved and sauté for 5 minutes. We lower the heat and let it be done for another 10 minutes. After this time we move away from the fire and reserve.
- To assemble the plate, take a ring to place, place it on the plate and throw the quinoa with vegetables that we have in the pan; we flatten it a little with care so it does not spill.
- Finally, put on the quinoa pumpkin we have sautéed separately and delicately remove the ring.
- The white pulp of the inner cavity of the peppers is rich in flavonoids, so not removing it is also a good option.
- Although this is a very visual way of presenting the dish, you can also do it in the traditional way, you just have to mix the whole pumpkin well with the rest of the ingredients.
If you have any questions, you can leave it to us in the comments. And if you dare and want to show your creations to the world, do not hesitate to label us, we will love to see them through the networks!
Do you join us on social networks? You will find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!