This salty Christmas wreath is an easy and appetizing proposal that will delight both young and old. And it is a tasty and striking dish that conquers with its soft and delicate flavor, its irresistible crunchy texture on the outside and creamy on the inside, and its colorful and Christmas appearance.
All these qualities give it that special touch essential to become one of the star preparations of the holidays, which in this case, in addition, makes the table look decorated in the same way that we decorate the entrance door to our home on these dates: with a Christmas wreath.
Its tasty filling, with the different and rich nuances formed by the vegetable ricotta, the spinach, the mushrooms, the roasted cashews and the sweet and acid accents of the blueberries, combines in an exquisite way with the crunchy puff pastry.
Thanks to the ingredients that make it up, its interior is as delicious as it is healthy, since it is rich in complete proteins , fiber , phytosterols , isoflavones , lecithin , beta-carotenes , flavonoids , tryptophan , allicin , alliin , carbohydrates , alpha lipoic acid , fatty acids omega 3 , omega 6 and omega 9 ; terpenoids ( antioxidants ), vitamins A , C , E , K and group B ( B1 , B2 , B3 , B5 , B6 and B9 or folic acid ), sulfur , calcium , chromium , lithium , vanadium , copper , iron , molybdenum , manganese , phosphorus , potassium , magnesium , selenium , sodium, and zinc .
Below you can see what ingredients you need and the steps to follow in order to make a festive dish, eye-catching and delicious on the palate.
|Difficulty level||Preparation time||Rations|
|Easy||1 h.||For 6 servings|
- 300 gr. spinach
- 250 gr. Vegan ricotta cheese
- 1 onion
- 60 gr. dried cranberry
- 250 gr. mushroom
- 60 gr. roasted cashews
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (ground)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 puff pastry sheets
- extra virgin olive oil (to varnish)
- Peel the onion and chop it finely. Set aside.
- Wash the spinach, drain it, dry it and cut it into 2 cm wide strips. Set aside too.
- Put to heat the oil in a pan over medium heat and, when it is warm, add the onion and let it poach for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash and laminate the mushrooms. When the onion is poached, add the mushrooms and spinach, add the salt and pepper too and let cook for 5 more minutes. After this time, remove from the heat and drain carefully.
- Grind the cashews a little in the mincer and add them to the pan. Add also the blueberries and the vegan ricotta cheese and mix everything carefully. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Meanwhile, cut the puff pastry sheets into 6 squares of 12 cm by 12 cm each and, on an oven tray covered with baking paper, arrange them in the shape of a circle, so that the squares are slightly overlapping each other .
- Next, add the filling distributing it evenly throughout the circle, and close by bending the inner and outer ends of the dough squares inward.
- Once the wreath is closed, varnish it with a little oil, put the oven tray in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, until the dough turns brown, making sure it does not burn. When the dough is golden brown, remove from the oven and serve.
- If you don't have roasted cashews, you can roast them yourself in a skillet for 10 minutes over low heat, until lightly browned, stirring often to roast evenly.
- When choosing puff pastry, make sure that it does not contain ingredients of animal origin or palm oil.
- If you had leftovers when you cut the dough, save them.
- If at the time of closing the wreath, there are too open gaps and you have excess dough, cover them with it.
If you have any questions, you can leave it to us in the comments. And if you dare and want to show your creations to the world, do not hesitate to label us, we will love to see them through the networks!
Do you join us on social networks? You will find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!