This recipe is a comforting dish full of flavor, with a delicious touch of the sea, ideal to accompany with bread and thus take advantage of the exquisite and delicate sauce, which stands out for its tasty and aromatic nuances.
Being made exclusively with vegetable origin ingredients, this is a version that preserves all the traditional flavor but is more sustainable and respectful with animals and the environment than the conventional recipe, as well as being healthier because it is cholesterol-free.
Nutritionally, this rich dish provides complete proteins, lecithin, fiber, carotenoids, lycopene, glutathione( antioxidant), gamma-aminobutyric acid, allicin, alliin, carbohydrates, flavonoids, omega 3fatty acids, vitamins A, C, E, Kand from group B( B1, B2, B3, B5, B6and B9or folic acid); sulfur, calcium, phosphorus, iron, magnesium, manganese, potassium, selenium, sodium, iodine, zincand, to a lesser extent, copper.
Below you can see what ingredients you need and the steps to follow in order to enjoy a stew as tasty as nutritious.
|Difficulty level||Preparation time||Rations|
|Easy||1 h.||For 3 people|
Ingredients for vegan hake
- 250 gr. tofu (firm)
- 1 nori seaweed sheet
- 1 pinch of salt
- rice flour (to coat)
- 200 ml. extra virgin olive oil
- parsley (to decorate)
Ingredients for the marinera sauce
- 1 tomato (pear type)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 onion
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 25 ml. white wine
- 125 ml. water
- 1 teaspoon rice flour
- Drain the tofu and dry it with a clean cloth. Next, cut it into 3 cm. rectangular fillets wide by 6 cm. long and 1 cm. thick, add a pinch of salt and set aside.
- Chop the onion finely and grate the garlic. Set aside.
- Wash the tomato and grate it. Set aside too.
- Place the seaweed on a clean smooth surface, put a tofu fillet on it and cut the seaweed a little larger than the surface that the tofu occupies, since when frying it shrinks a little. Afterwards, adhere it well to the tofu and coat the fillet in the flour. Do the same with the rest of the fillets.
- Put the oil to heat over medium heat in a pan and, when it is hot, add the coated fillets and fry for 1 minute on each side. Once fried, put them in a colander or drainer to eliminate the excess oil and then place them in a little deep saucepan. Set aside.
- Leave a little of the oil in which the tofu has been fried and fry the onion and garlic in it. When the onion is transparent, add the grated tomato and cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Next, add the flour and stir.
- Add the paprika, stir and fry for 1 minute.
- Then add the wine and cook for 1 more minute to allow the alcohol to evaporate.
- Add the water and salt and let it fry. When it starts to boil, add the content of the pan to the pot where the tofu is and let it boil all together for 5 minutes over low heat. After this time, remove from the heat and serve with a little chopped parsley on top.
- Make sure that the wine you use has not used any product of animal origin for its elaboration, since during the clarification process elements such as animal albumin, milk proteins, gelatin or fish glue are usually used.
If you have any questions, you can leave it to us in the comments. And if you dare and want to show your creations to the world, do not hesitate to label us, we will love to see them through the networks!
Do you join us on social networks? You will find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!