This is a very smooth flavor cake covered with a thin layer of crunchy chocolate so you will not have to feel so much remorse, since chocolate , besides providing a lot of energy , has antioxidant properties that prevent the effect of free radicals and the degeneration of cells.
On the other hand, it also contains phenylethylamine , which produces euphoria and emotional well-being, and also contains alkaloids , which excite the nervous system and increase the heart rate. In addition, there are studies that relate the consumption of chocolate (moderate) with the improvement of the cardiovascular system and with the prevention of heart disease.
All these properties are given by cocoa , so the purer the chocolate, the better, black being the most convenient, since it contains less sugar and more cocoa, which is also rich in phosphorus , magnesium , potassium and selenium .
As for milk chocolate, another reason to put it aside, is the one shown by the results of the study carried out by the team led by Mauro Serafini, of the Italian National Institute for Food and Nutrition Research (Rome) , which concludes that the antioxidant effect of cocoa is inhibited by the action of the milk with which it is accompanied .
Below you can see what ingredients you need and the steps to follow to make this cake.
|Difficulty level||Preparation time||Rations|
|Medium||1 h. y 30 m.||For 8 servings|
For the sponge cake
- 300 gr. of whole wheat flour
- 300 ml. of soy milk
- 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil (Arbequina or royal variety)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence
- 220 gr. of brown sugar
- 1 chemical yeast envelope
- 4 tablespoons of pure cocoa powder defatted
- 200 gr. black chocolate fondant
- 150 ml. of soy milk
For the syrup
- 100 gr. of whole cane sugar
- 100 ml. of water
- 1/2 glass of liquor
- Preheat the oven to 175º while in a bowl we toss the flour, the yeast, the cocoa, the vanilla essence and the sugar.
- In another bowl we put the soy milk and the oil, mix it well and add it to the bowl where we have put the rest of the ingredients. We remove everything well so that the mixture does not have lumps.
- In a baking tin, we put baking paper in the bottom, cutting it to size. The rest of the mold greased with oil so that the cake does not stick on the sides and we throw the mixture.
- We introduce the dough in the oven for 40 minutes and check if it is cooked by introducing a toothpick. If it comes out clean is that we will have it ready to take out.
- Meanwhile, let the cake cool, make the syrup by boiling the water with the sugar and the liquor in a saucepan until it is reduced a little and we see that the mixture thickens. We turn off the fire and let cool.
- When the cake is cold, we unmold it and turn it over. We remove the paper and leave the base up, as it will be smoother and allow us to decorate it better.
- Cut the cake in half and we throw the syrup, moistening each half to be juicy.
- We put the soya milk to heat and introduce the chopped chocolate. When it is about to break to boil, turn off the heat and stirring with a spoon until the chocolate completely melts.
- Place the cake on a grid, throw the chocolate in the center and extend it to the edges carefully with the help of a spatula, letting it fall on the sides. In the case that the sides are not well bathed, we will use the spatula to make sure that the cake is well covered. Let stand about 10 minutes and put it in the fridge for the chocolate to solidify.
- Finally, after having had the cake in the fridge for an hour, we return to bathe with melted chocolate. this time we will pour the chocolate in the center and let it go sliding on the cake, using the spatula only so that the sides are well covered. This will ensure that the cake is smooth and can be decorated more easily, in case you want to do it.
- The flour and yeast are always better to sift them when adding them to the bowl so that they do not form lumps, but it is recommended that, once passed through the strainer, you add the remaining grain of the whole flour that remains in it and mix well so as not to lose the nutrients of the whole grain.
- When selecting the liquor to make the syrup, keep in mind that some are usually treated using clarifiers of animal origin.
- You can substitute whole wheat flour for almond flour, which also gives a very good flavor, although it loses elasticity.
If you have any questions, you can leave it to us in the comments. And if you dare and want to show your creations to the world, do not hesitate to label us, we will love to see them through the networks!
Do you join us on social networks? You will find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!