Probably you have gone through that phase of trying recipes and recipes of sponge cake without finishing any convincing (or it is too dry, or tastes too much flour ...).
We passed it, but after some "failures" we found solutions like bathing it in a little syrup (as in the case of the chocolate cake with syrup liquor ) and, more recently, with this sponge cake, thanks to the humidification that They provide their ingredients, it is the most juicy.
Its ingredients are also interesting for the nutritional contribution they have, since carrots provide us with energy , carotenes (especially beta-carotene ), vitamin C , iron , phosphorus , calcium and folic acid ; raisins add vitamin E and vitamins of group B , magnesium , folates , flavonoids , manganese , copper and boron ; and the walnuts have just rounded the cake with its content in lecithin , zinc and polyphenols .
Below we indicate the ingredients you will need to make this delicious breakfast / dessert / snack, and the steps to follow to make it juicy and fluffy.
|Difficulty level||Preparation time||Rations|
|Easy||1 h. y 30 m.||For 8 servings|
- 300 gr. of integral flour
- 300 gr. of carrot
- 270 gr. of brown sugar
- 100 gr. of nuts
- 100 gr. of sultanas raisins
- 100 ml. of water
- 100 ml. of orange juice
- 180 ml. of extra virgin olive oil (Arbequina or royal variety)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of chemical yeast
- 1 teaspoon of baking
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- First of all we chop the nuts, wash and grate the carrots and reserve.
- While we preheat the oven to 175ºC, we take a mold, grease the inside well with oil and flour it (in this way the dough will not stick).
- In a bowl, we put the flour with the salt, the cinnamon, the yeast, the ginger and the bicarbonate, we mix everything well and we reserve also.
- In another bowl, we put the sugar with the oil, the water, the orange juice, the nuts and the carrot, stirring to mix all the ingredients well.
- We take the bowl where we have the flour and we are throwing the mixture in the other bowl (where we have the liquid ingredients with the nuts and the carrot). We remove everything so that it is mixed and we add the raisins. Then, put the dough in the mold that we have previously greased and floured and put it in the oven for 50 minutes (or until we check with a stick that, after introducing it, it comes out dry).
- Once we check that the cake is cooked, we take it out of the oven and let it cool to be able to unmold it without problems.
- If while you bake the cake, you see that it begins to brown on top, but it is not yet well cooked, you can cover the pan with silver foil to prevent it from burning.
- The flour and yeast are always better to sift them when adding them to the bowl so that they do not form lumps, but it is recommended that, once passed through the strainer, you add the bran of the whole flour that remains in it and mix well to not lose the nutrients of the whole grain.
If you have any questions, you can leave it to us in the comments. And if you dare and want to show your creations to the world, do not hesitate to label us, we will love to see them through the networks!
Do you join us on social networks? You will find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!