Mexican cuisine has a great capacity to conquer palates, and that is, in part, thanks to the very vibrant ingredients that it uses and the right way to combine them. This means that there is always a feeling of wanting more (even when it is already physically impossible to continue eating) and that their flavors remain engraved in the memory.
This Mexican chickpea salad , besides being super easy and fast, is a good example of the combination to which we have just referred, since it mixes the intensity of the onion and the jalapeño with the freshness provided by the lime and cilantro, without forgetting the so addictive soft touch of the avocado.
On the other hand, thanks to the ingredients that make it up, including chickpeas, this salad is rich in slow-absorbing complex carbohydrates , proteins , lecithin , omega 3 and omega 9 fatty acids, flavonoids , soluble fiber , vitamins A , C , E , B3 , B6 and B9 or folic acid , minerals such as magnesium , potassium , calcium , iron , copper , phosphorus , sulfur and chromium and antioxidants such as lycopene and glutathione .
Below you will see what ingredients you need and what steps you have to follow to make this dish.
|Difficulty level||Preparation time||Rations|
|Very easy||10 m.||For 2 people|
- 1 tomato
- 1 onion
- 1 jalapeño
- 250 gr. of cooked chickpeas
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 tablespoon of coriander
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 teaspoon pepper
- Peel the tomato, cut it into cubes and do the same with the avocado. Cut the onion into smaller cubes and wash and chop the jalapeño and cilantro.
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients, including the drained chickpeas, season with the lime juice, salt and pepper and stir to mix well.
- This salad can be eaten as is, served with nachos, or as a filling for tacos.
- If just by reading the word "coriander" you get a thousand ills, you can choose to take just a pinch. This will be enough to get the fresh touch without its flavor standing out in excess.
If you have any questions, you can leave it to us in the comments. And if you dare and want to show your creations to the world, do not hesitate to label us, we will love to see them through the networks!
Do you join us on social networks? You will find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!