This is a cream that can be eaten both hot and cold, which makes it perfect to comfort us on the coldest days and, also, to enjoy a healthy and simple dish when we are away from home.
If you have already tasted what is one of the star vegetables of the coldest season of the year, you will imagine that this recipe dominates the semi-sweet characteristic that it contributes.
As for texture, adding a little silky tofu, we get the result is creamy and, in addition, we provide a good dose of cholesterol-free proteins and harmful fats.
So, this cream gives us flavonoids (especially betalains and quercetin ), carbohydrates , allicin , alliin , fiber , vitamins A , C , E , B6 and B9 (or folic acid ), iron , potassium , silicon , phosphorus , sulfur , calcium , sodium , magnesium , zinc and, in smaller quantity, manganese , copper and selenium .
Below you can see what ingredients you need and the steps to follow to make this recipe full of intense color.
|Difficulty level||Preparation time||Rations|
|Easy||1 h.||For 2 people|
- 160 gr. of beet
- 120 gr. of leek
- 1 onion
- 120 gr. of silky tofu
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 400 ml. of water
- We clean the beets well and cook them for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the onion and leeks and cut them thin. We put the oil in a pot and, when it is hot, take the leek and onion and make them for 5 minutes.
- Add the water and salt and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Peel the beet, cut it into slices and add it to the pot along with the rest of the ingredients. We add the tofu and cook 5 more minutes.
- We put everything in a container and beat to make everything well crushed. When we get a creamy and homogeneous texture, we can already serve it.
- If you prefer, you can also use cooked beets. In this way, the preparation time will be cut in half.
- If when you finish beating, you see that the texture is somewhat lumpy, you can pass the cream through a Chinese to make it finer.
- You can serve it with some leek or alfalfa sprouts, as well as with seeds.
If you have any questions, you can leave it to us in the comments. And if you dare and want to show your creations to the world, do not hesitate to label us, we will love to see them through the networks!
Do you join us on social networks? You will find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!