The bases of homemade pizza require very few and simple ingredients that, in addition, are usually present in every kitchen and / or that are very easy to obtain.
Although preparing them can seem laborious, if we overdo it and freeze them, we can have them at any time and we only need to add the ingredients we want and put it in the oven to enjoy a delicious homemade pizza.
The height of this base is neither too flat nor too thick, but it has the perfect level of sponginess to contrast with the rest of the ingredients without subtracting prominence when topping.
Another advantage of this pizza base is that, being made by ourselves, we know all the ingredients well, and we know that these are as natural as possible.
And it is very important to know what carry the food we eat, because nowadays many additives are added, even in the most basic masses and on the loaves (as we discussed in the recipe for whole rolls ).
Below you can see what ingredients you need and the steps to follow to make this pizza base so simple.
|Difficulty level||Preparation time||Rations|
|Easy||1 h.||For 4 servings|
* Plus 2 hours of rest
- 250 gr. of strength flour
- 125 ml. of water
- 12 gr. of fresh yeast
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Crush the yeast with your hands and put it in a cup with 3 tablespoons of water and a tablespoon of flour. We remove everything well and let stand 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, we remove the flour, the remaining water and the dissolved yeast, stirring carefully and mixing everything well.
- We add salt and oil, and stir again.
- Knead 5 minutes, until we see that it is not sticking to the bowl. Next we make a ball.
- Cover the bowl with film and let stand 2 hours at room temperature.
- After this time, the dough will have grown, so we will put a little flour on a smooth surface, we will spread the dough on it with our hands, and we will give it a circular shape.
- We place the dough on vegetable paper, we shape it by stretching with a rolling pin until it is about 0.5 cm. thick. We prick it with a fork, and place it on the baking tray.
- Preheat the oven to 250º for 15 minutes and place the tray with the dough in the bottom of the oven. We leave it for 5-8 minutes so that it is cooked watching that it is not toasted or done at all.
- We remove the dough from the oven and we can proceed to assemble the pizza as we normally would.
- If you don't have a rolling pin, you can use a clean bottle to roll out the dough.
If you have any questions, you can leave it to us in the comments. And if you dare and want to show your creations to the world, do not hesitate to label us, we will love to see them through the networks!
Do you join us on social networks? You will find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!