These raw vegan cannelloni are very easy and quick to prepare, because once the ingredients are well hydrated, it is necessary to mix and beat.
Unlike the traditional cannelloni that we show you in this recipe , they are gluten-free, since the pasta plates are replaced by zucchini slices; and the sauce consists of a smooth cashew sauce that adds an extra dose of juiciness, creating a harmonious and delicate contrast.
But without a doubt, it is the most delicious filling of this recipe, with an intense and rich flavor that makes the papillae activate from the moment you perceive the first notes of the vibrant aroma that its components give you.
On the other hand, these cannelloni, by not undergoing any type of cooking, not only do not require an oven, but allow to maximize the nutrients of their ingredients, which, in addition, make it a super complete food.
And they are very rich in omega 3 , omega 6 and omega 9 , protein , lecithin , polyphenols , beta carotenes (including lycopene ), fiber , vitamins A , C , E and group B ( B1 , B2 , B3 , B6 and B9 or folic acid ), calcium , copper , boron , iron , phosphorus , magnesium , sodium , potassium , iodine and zinc .
In turn, the sauce provides, thanks to the cashews , an extra protein , omega 6 essential fatty acids, tryptophan , phytosterols , vitamins E and B group ( B3 , B5 and B9 or folic acid ), copper , phosphorus , magnesium , manganese , potassium and selenium .
Below you can see what ingredients you need and the steps to follow to make some super tasty raw cannelloni.
|Difficulty level||Preparation time||Rations|
|Easy||30 m.||For 8 units|
* Plus 8 hours of hydration
- 1 zucchini
- 100 gr. of nuts
- 50 gr. dry tomato
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch of hot paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
For the creamy cashew sauce
- 80 gr. of raw cashews
- 80 ml. of water
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- We leave the cashews and walnuts soaking for 8 hours to hydrate them.
- We hydrated the dried tomatoes in very hot water for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, we wash the zucchini, cut it in half and, with the help of a mandolin or a peeler, cut into thin slices (about 2 or 3 mm thick, and about 8 cm long, approximately) each the halves. We reserve
- Once hydrated, we put nuts and dried tomatoes in the bowl of the chopper, add the onion, garlic, spices and salt, and chop well until everything is well mixed and chopped.
- On a clean and smooth surface, place 3 slices of zucchini lightly superimposed one on top of the other. We take a little filling with a spoon, place it on one of the ends of the "plate" formed with the zucchini slices, and roll up until there is a well formed cannelloni. This step we repeat until we have formed all the cannelloni.
- In the blender glass, we toss the cashews and add the water, the garlic, the nutmeg and the salt, and beat until you get a sauce with a creamy texture.
- Serve the cannelloni on a plate, add a little sauce on each of them and, if you like, sprinkle a little chopped walnut on top.
- When assembling the cannelloni, the ideal thing so that they are not dismantled and is easier, is to place the center sheet first and, on this, place the other 2 on the sides so that they are slightly superimposed on it.
If you have any questions, you can leave it to us in the comments. And if you dare and want to show your creations to the world, do not hesitate to label us, we will love to see them through the networks!
Do you join us on social networks? You will find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!