The 'empedrat' is a very refreshing vegetable salad that, although this time we have made it in the most popular way, which is with white beans, it can also be made with other legumes such as chickpeas and lentils.
This dish is very easy to make, it is ready in a matter of minutes and it is perfect for when we want to take food to the mountain, to the beach, to an excursion, or simply to eat at work.
It is a very healthy and complete salad, ideal for when we want to eat well but we do not have a lot of time to cook or, simply, we do not feel like overeating.
Of its flavor stands out the marvelous contrast that is generated between the softness of the beans and the explosion of notes that produce the vegetables, so alive and striking so much to the taste as to the sight.
At the nutritional level, this is a vegetable salad rich in antioxidants , fiber , flavonoids , proteins , complex carbohydrates (slow absorption and long duration), omega 3 , 6 and 9 fatty acids ; beta carotene , lycopene , allicin , alliin , vitamins C , E , K and group B ( B1 , B2 , B3 , B6 , B7 and B9 or folic acid ), sulfur , calcium , phosphorus , iron , magnesium , manganese , potassium , selenium , sodium , iodine , zinc and, to a lesser extent, copper .
Below you can see what ingredients you need and the steps to follow to make a complete, fresh and delicious dish.
|Difficulty level||Preparation time||Rations|
|Easy||30 m.||For 3 people|
- 400 gr. of cooked white beans
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 50 gr. of black olives (boneless)
- 2 tomatoes (mature)
- 70 gr. of cooked corn
- 50 ml. of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- We put the drained beans in a large bowl.
- Wash the peppers and remove the seeds, cut them into small pieces and throw them into the bowl where we have the beans.
- We also cut the onion and add it to the bowl.
- We remove the skin and seeds from the tomatoes, we also cut them small and we toss them into the bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
- Drain the corn, split the olives in half and add everything to the bowl.
- Align the salad with the oil, salt, ground pepper and vinegar, carefully remove all the ingredients so that the flavors mix well and serve.
- If the beans are cooked in a pot, it is recommended to wash them under the tap in a drainer.
- If you prefer, you can substitute white beans for chickpeas or even lentils.
- If you don't have much time, you can add the tomato without removing the skin.
- The ideal is to eat the empedrat very fresh and with the flavors established, so, once finished, we recommend you put it in the fridge for 30 or 45 minutes so that it takes the flavor well and has the optimal temperature when consuming it.
If you have any questions, you can leave it to us in the comments. And if you dare and want to show your creations to the world, do not hesitate to label us, we will love to see them through the networks!
Do you join us on social networks? You will find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!