In this dish, the tempeh is covered by a delicious honeyed apple sauce and rustic flavor that becomes the perfect dressing for a light and super tasty result.
And it is that this sauce is great for foods in which it costs that the flavor penetrates, as it usually happens with the tempeh, which is in this way, soft and very tasty.
It is a sauce with body, fruity base, and in which you can see all the nuances of sofrito with which it is made. This makes the tempeh, whether of soybeans or chickpeas, with an absolutely ideal taste.
Being made exclusively with ingredients of vegetable origin, this is a dish completely free of cholesterol that, moreover, is really easy and quick to prepare, it does not need more than 30 minutes to be ready.
The tempeh, together with the sauce, forms a dish rich in proteins , fiber , flavonoids , carbohydrates , malic acid , allicin , alliin , vitamins A , C , E and group B ( B2 , B3 , B6 and B9 or folic acid ) , sulfur , calcium , copper , phosphorus , iron , magnesium , manganese , potassium , selenium , sodium and, to a lesser extent, zinc .
Below you can see what ingredients you need and the steps to follow to make this delicious tempeh dish in sauce.
|For 2 people
- 250 gr. tempeh
- 1 apple (big)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 onion
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Chop the onion and garlic and put to heat the oil in a pan. When the oil is hot, we toss the onion and the garlic and we make them to average fire during 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the apple into cubes, and the tempeh into wide strips and half, so that the pieces are equally wide but finer. We throw everything to the pan where we have the rest of the ingredients and cover it with a lid. Let it be done over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- We put the tempeh on a plate and put the rest of the ingredients in the glass of the blender. We beat everything well until we get a texture similar to puree, without pieces.
- On a plate, place the tempeh, pour the sauce over it so that it slightly covers the tempeh, and serve.
- To make this dish, you can use both soybean tempeh and chickpea tempeh.
- When serving, you can decorate it with thin slices of apple, although you must take into account that, being thin, they will oxidize easily, so we recommend placing them at the last moment.
If you have any questions, you can leave it to us in the comments. And if you dare and want to show your creations to the world, do not hesitate to label us, we will love to see them through the networks!
Do you join us on social networks? You will find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!