The red pepper sauce is a sweet sauce that highlights very well the flavor of all kinds of vegetables, pasta and vegetable meats.
The red pepper is rich in vitamins A , C and B6 , contains tryptophan , lycopene , beta carotene and provides a lot of fiber . This is why it has a great antioxidant power, is beneficial for the eyes and helps our body to absorb iron and calcium, as well as reduce anxiety, lower inflammation, prevent hypertension, combat the symptoms of depression and neutralize free radicals.
Below you can see what ingredients you need and what steps you have to follow to enjoy this simple and versatile sauce.
|For 2 people
- 2 red peppers
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 white wine glass
- 1 tablespoon non-hydrogenated margarine
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- We wash the peppers well, remove the peduncle, the calyx and the seeds and, after preheating the oven to 175º, we introduce them and bake them for 30 minutes. After this time, we take them out and let them cool down. When they have cooled, we remove the skin and reserve.
- In a frying pan, add the tablespoon of oil and, when hot, put the garlic and let it brown.
- Add the chopped peppers to the pan and fry for a couple of minutes.
- We pour the wine and, when the alcohol evaporates, we put the pinch of salt and remove from the fire.
- Finally, add the tablespoon of margarine and, when it is completely melted and well mixed with the rest of the ingredients, we put everything in the blender glass and beat well until a thick sauce forms.
- When selecting the vegetable margarine, look that it is not hydrogenated and that it does not contain palm oil or any ingredient of animal origin (eg, the olive margarine of the Flora brand has gelatin among its ingredients).
If you have any questions, you can leave it to us in the comments. And if you dare and want to show your creations to the world, do not hesitate to label us, we will love to see them through the networks!
Do you join us on social networks? You will find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!