Any addicts to the bechamel in the room?
We are it, and above all, to which Gaia Sanctuary elaborates for its recipe of vegan cannelloni . We have not tasted a better bechamel in life!
So, how could it be otherwise, we add it immediately to our list of essentials and we do it every time we want to impress the staff with a good 100% vegetable béchamel.
As you are going to see, besides, it's the simplest thing there is!
|Difficulty level||Preparation time||Rations|
|Very easy||20 m.||For 1 liter|
- 80 gr. non-hydrogenated margarine
- 1 onion
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 vegetable broth pill
- 1 l. soy milk
- 80 gr. rice flour
- 1 pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- Grate the onion and heat the margarine in a pot. When this is undone (being careful not to burn), we toss the onion, salt and pepper and stir.
- When the onion is poached, add the vegetable broth pill and the soy milk and stir again.
- In a bowl, we make a mixture of flour and water (without it being very liquid) and, when the milk from the pot begins to boil, we add it in. We put a little nutmeg, stir everything well and leave it for a few minutes over medium heat.
- When selecting the vegetable margarine, look that it is not hydrogenated and that it does not contain palm oil or any ingredient of animal origin (eg, the olive margarine of the Flora brand has gelatin among its ingredients).
- It is important that soy milk is sugar free, so Provamel brand soya milk (the one with the white and orange packaging) is a perfect choice.
If you have any questions, you can leave it to us in the comments. And if you dare and want to show your creations to the world, do not hesitate to label us, we will love to see them through the networks!
Do you join us on social networks? You will find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!