The marinated tofu is perfect as a second course, since it has a high protein content and its spicy taste is delicious.
Tofu has the characteristic of absorbing flavors very well and, in this case concrete, as we do by macerating it for 12 hours, the resulting flavor is intense and with many accents, reminding us a bit of the traditional pinchos. This makes it ideal for people who have not yet found the charm of this food, since the way it is prepared, besides being very simple, makes it well impregnated with flavor.
El < strong> tofu brings a good level of protein , is low fat and cholesterol free . It also contains vitamins E , K and of group B ( B1 , B2 , B3 , B5 , B6 , B7 and B9 or folic acid ), lecithins , phosphorus , magnesium , potassium and omega 3 that helps lower cholesterol and protect the cardiovascular system. In addition, when it is made with calcium sulfate (which is the most common), it has a high content of calcium (between 3 and 5 times more than cow's milk and without just fat), which together with its content in isoflavones , prevents against bone decalcification and osteoporosis due to age.
On the other hand, the combination of > spices that form the marinade give us extra doses of antioxidants , essential oils (especially thymol), fiber , flavonoids , vitamin A , copper , iron and zinc .
Below you can see what ingredients you need and the steps to follow in order to make this simple dish.
|Difficulty level||Preparation time||Rations|
|Very easy||12 h. y 15 m.||For 2 people|
- 300 gr. tofu
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 and 1/2 spoons of oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 180 ml. extra virgin olive oil
- In a bowl, toss the spices, salt, garlic (peeled and shaved) and oil and stir well to mix all the ingredients.
- Cut the tofu into cubes and add it to the bowl where we mix and stir to soak it well on all sides. We put the bowl in the fridge and leave it for 12 hours.
- After this time, we remove it and put it all in a large pan and we do it on medium heat for 7 minutes, stirring carefully so that the tofu does not fall apart. After this time, extinguish the fire, remove the cloves of garlic and serve.
- When choosing tofu, it is best to opt for one that is mild and not very hard.
If you have any questions, you can leave it to us in the comments. And if you dare and want to show your creations to the world, do not hesitate to label us, we will love to see them through the networks!
Do you join us on social networks? You will find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!