Is there anything better for cold days than a delicious eggplant cake ?
It is the perfect accompaniment to a dish of seitan or tempeh, since besides being nutritious it is not difficult to make even being an elaborate dish, and the result is worth it.
The main ingredient, as the name says, is the aubergine, which besides being very antioxidant thanks to the flavonoids it contains, is digestive and helps improve circulation and reduce cholesterol thanks to its high fiber content.
On the other hand, it is a source of vitamins C , A , B1 and B2 low in sodium , which provides phosphorus , potassium and, although in smaller amounts, also iron and calcium .
Below you can see what ingredients you need and what steps you have to follow to make this delicious aubergine cake.
|1 h. y 15 m.
|For 4 people
- 2 eggplants
- 2 potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 200 ml. fried tomato
- 1 spoonful of oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 500 ml. vegan Bechamel
- Preheat the oven to 180º while peeling and cut the aubergines and potatoes into thin slices and do the same with the onion.
- In a mold suitable for oven, we put a little tomato fried in the bottom and, on this, we put a layer of eggplant, we toss a little pepper and oregano on top and add a layer of onion. On this last, put a layer of potatoes and cover with another tomato. On each layer of ingredients that we are putting, we throw some salt (not much to avoid that it is salty).
- We repeat the same operation of putting layers: eggplant, onion and potato with pepper and oregano sprinkled with salt. We finish with a layer of eggplant.
- We cover the cake with bechamel and bake for 45 minutes. If we see that after this time is still not well done, we lower the temperature of the oven a little and leave it for another 10 minutes (always watching that it does not burn).
- After this time, we remove the cake from the oven and let it cool a bit to unmold it.
- To highlight the flavor of this cake, we recommend accompanying it with a red pepper sauce because of the contrast it makes.
If you have any questions, you can leave it to us in the comments. And if you dare and want to show your creations to the world, do not hesitate to label us, we will love to see them through the networks!
Do you join us on social networks? You will find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!