This artichoke cake is a salty cake with a smooth, creamy flavor and a very delicate point of artichoke.
This is a very tasty and original way to benefit from the rich nutrients that artichokes provide us, and also to do it in a 100% vegetable way, since this delicious recipe contains neither eggs nor dairy.
This savory cake is rich in flavonoids , inulin , cinnarin , allicin , alliin , carbohydrates , protein , isoflavones , lecithin , omega 3 and omega 9 fatty acids, fiber , vitamins A , C , E , K and group B ( B1 , B2 , B3 , B6 and B9 or folic acid ); sulfur , calcium , phosphorus , iron , magnesium , potassium , sodium , zinc and, in smaller amounts, copper , manganese and selenium .
Below you can see what ingredients you need and the steps to follow in order to make an appetizing and very nutritious salty cake.
|Difficulty level||Preparation time||Rations|
|Easy||2 h. y 30 m.||For 12 servings|
* Plus 30 minutes of rest
- 2 kg. artichoke
- 1 leek (big)
- 1 red onion (big)
- 750 ml. vegetable cooking cream
- 5 tablespoons flax seed (ground)
- 15 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Put to heat water in a pot with a little of salt and, while waiting for it to boil, remove the greener leaves from the artichokes and leave only the hearts. Wash them and cut them into slices.
- When the water starts to boil, add the artichoke hearts and cook for 8 minutes. After this time, drain well and set aside.
- Remove the first layer and the greenest part of the leek, make some longitudinal cuts, wash it, and cut it carefully. Peel the onion and cut it into small pieces too. Set aside.
- Hydrate the flax seeds in the water, stir and set aside.
- In a wide frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat and, when it is warm, add the onion and leek and cook for 5 minutes, until it is transparent.
- Next, add the artichoke, sauté for a couple of minutes and remove from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 175º and, meanwhile, put the cream, the flax seeds and water mixture, the salt and the spices in a large bowl and stir carefully with a whisk so that all the ingredients are well integrated. When all the ingredients are well integrated, add the content of the pan and stir again.
- Cover a rectangular mold with baking paper where all the dough fits well, put the dough inside, introduce the mold in the oven and bake for 30 minutes uncovered.
- After this time, cover the mold with baking paper and bake for 1 more hour.
- After this time, check that the cake is well baked by inserting the point of a knife, remove the mold from the oven when the knife comes out clean, let it cool down (approximately 30 minutes) and remove from the mold carefully. Once unmold, cut the cake into pieces and serve.
- If instead of making it homemade, you choose to buy the vegetable cream, make sure that it does not contain palm oil among its ingredients.
If you have any questions, you can leave it to us in the comments. And if you dare and want to show your creations to the world, do not hesitate to label us, we will love to see them through the networks!
Do you join us on social networks? You will find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!