These cookies, in addition to their delicate and colorful appearance, are irresistible to the palate thanks to the combination of the soft vanilla biscuit, lightly covered with icing sugar, and the caramelized freshness of the strawberry jam.
Another point to highlight of these cookies is that no sugar is used to make the dough, since they are sweetened with date syrup , a natural, healthy and nutritious sweetener that allows not to use so much sugar in the recipe.
Below you can see what ingredients you need and the steps to follow in order to make cookies with an exterior vanilla and juicy heart.
|Difficulty level||Preparation time||Rations|
|Medium||1 h.||For 20 units|
2 hours and 30 minutes of refrigeration
- 300 gr. wheat flour
- 170 gr. date syrup
- 30 ml. soy milk
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 100 ml. extra virgin olive oil (Smooth flavor)
- 4 tablespoons strawberry jam
- icing sugar (optional, to decorate)
- In a bowl, sift the flour, add the oil and mix with your hands until obtaining homogeneous dough.
- Next, make a slit lengthwise to the vanilla bean with a knife, drag the vanilla seeds with the tip of the knife and add them to the bowl. Also add the date syrup and soy milk and knead for 5 minutes, until the ingredients are well integrated.
- After this time, cover the bowl with a plate and put it in the fridge for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- After this time, take the dough out of the fridge, put baking paper on a flat surface, sprinkle a little flour and place the dough on it. With a floured rolling pin, roll out the dough until it is evenly stretched and with a maximum thickness of about 4 mm. When the dough is rolled out, cover it with baking paper, transfer it to the oven tray and place it in the fridge for 1 more hour.
- After this time, preheat the oven to 175º. Meanwhile, take out the dough from the refrigerator, transfer it from the tray to the work surface, uncover it and cover the tray with this baking paper. Cut the dough with a floured cookie cutter, shape it as preferred and, make a hole in the center of the half of them with the help of an apple corer (also with the edge floured). As have them cut, place them on the baking tray.
- Roll out again the remaining dough from cutting the cookies and cut in the same way as before. When all the cookies are in the tray, put it in the oven and bake for 8 minutes, until they are lightly golden, taking care that they do not burn.
- While the cookies are baking, put the jam in a bowl and blend it gently with a hand blender to remove any lumps it may contain. When the texture is homogeneous, pour it to a squeeze bottle to later fill the cookies.
- When the cookies are lightly browned, remove the tray from the oven, let them cool and, when they are warm, put a little jam in the center of each of the not holed cookies and a drop at each end. Sprinkle a little icing sugar over the holed cookies and place them carefully over the jam-filled cookies, making sure they fit snugly. When all the cookies are mounted, serve them.
- If you don't have icing sugar, you can make it using a mixture of 95% sugar - 5% cornstarch, and grinding it in a coffee grinder.
- If you don't have a roller pin, you can use a clean, smooth glass bottle.
- Although we have given the cookies a heart shape, you can give them the shape you prefer. If you don't have a cookie cutter, you can make them round shaped by cutting them with a floured rimmed glass.
- If when closing the cookies, you see that a little jam is missing in the hole, you can add a little more with the squeeze bottle, very carefully.
If you have any questions, you can leave it to us in the comments. And if you dare and want to show your creations to the world, do not hesitate to label us, we will love to see them through the networks!
Do you join us on social networks? You will find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!