This is a very creamy, sweet ice cream with a delicious pistachio aroma that, like the ice cream with date caramel , is very simple to prepare and does not need a refrigerator to make it.
Pistachio is a fruit that comes from the East, specifically from Syria, although historically it has also always had a great presence in other regions such as Greece, Palestine, Eastern Turkey and the Middle East, Western India and Central Asia.
It is an ingredient highly valued for its many possibilities, since it gives a very special touch to dishes, whether salted or sweet, as in this case.
The flavor of this pistachio ice cream is delicate but full-bodied, with irresistible and aromatic notes, and a taste that, being the result of combining exclusively ingredients of vegetable origin, is extremely fine and captivating.
This is why it is the most exquisite way to benefit from the wonderful benefits of pistachios and other ingredients, which make it an ice cream rich in proteins , essential fatty acids omega 6 , tryptophan , phytosterols , lutein , vitamins A , C , E and group B ( B1 , B2 , B3 , B5 , B6 and B9 or folic acid ), calcium , copper , chromium , phosphorus , iron , magnesium , manganese , potassium , selenium and zinc .
In addition, by not containing any ingredient of animal origin, is free of lactose, casein, cholesterol and other fats harmful to the body.
Below you can see what ingredients you need and the steps to follow to make this rich ice cream with a penetrating flavor.
|Difficulty level||Preparation time||Rations|
|Easy||45 m.||For 1200 liters|
* Plus 12 hours of hydration and refrigeration
- 200 gr. raw cashews
- 100 gr. pistachio (peeled)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 150 ml. agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 pinch of salt
- We put the cashews in soaking for a minimum of 6 hours to soften.
- Drain the cashew nuts and put them in the blender glass next to the coconut milk, coconut oil, syrup, vanilla extract and salt, and beat until well blended and the texture is creamy and smooth .
- Moisten with the help of an electric grinder or blender 3/4 parts of the pistachios and, when we have obtained a texture of fine powder, add it to the mixture and beat again until it integrates well with the rest of the ingredients.
- We pass the mixture to a container that closes hermetically and we put it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- We take it out of the freezer, beat it with rods and put it back in the freezer for another 30 minutes. Repeat this step 3 more times to avoid ice forming and get a smooth and creamy texture.
- After beating for the last time, we chopped 1/4 of the total pistachios that we had reserved with the help of a mortar or rolling pin. Then add the chopped pistachios to the mixture and mix well stirring with a spoon.
- Smooth the surface adding a bit of chopped pistachios if you want and we introduce it in the freezer for a minimum of 4 hours, until we see that it is firm.
- When serving, we take it out of the freezer 10 or 15 minutes before so that the texture is not too hard, but creamy, and served with a pistachio topping.
- It is very important that coconut milk has at least 50% coconut.
- If you are in a hurry, you can save time when hydrating the cashews, soaking them for 1 hour in very hot water.
- If you find it difficult to beat the ice cream with the rods in the sealed container, you can pass the mixture to a larger bowl to make this step and then put it back in the final container.
- This ice cream holds in the freezer for up to 1 week, although the sooner it is consumed, the better texture it will have.
If you have any questions, you can leave it to us in the comments. And if you dare and want to show your creations to the world, do not hesitate to label us, we will love to see them through the networks!
Do you join us on social networks? You will find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!