In the world of mousses, there is a wide variety of versions: made with avocado, banana ... However, this base with tofu, is one of the best results given in terms of the 3 basic pillars of a dish: texture, taste and appearance.
And it gets a really light texture, a chocolate flavor of the softest and a perfect appearance to serve even using pastry bag.
Another positive thing about this mousse are the properties of its ingredients. On the one hand, the chocolate provides a lot of energy and has a great antioxidant power thanks to its high content of flavonoids , which prevent the effect of free radicals and the degeneration of the cells. It also contains phenylethylamine , which produces euphoria and emotional well-being, as well as alkaloids , They excite the nervous system and increase the heart rate. In addition, there are studies that relate the consumption of chocolate (moderate) with the improvement of the cardiovascular system and with the prevention of heart disease.
All these properties are given by cocoa , so the purer the chocolate, the better, black being the most convenient, since it contains less sugar and more cocoa, which is also rich in phosphorus , magnesium and potassium .
As for milk chocolate, another reason to put it aside, are the results of a study carried out by the Italian National Institute for Food and Nutrition Research (Rome), which concludes that the antioxidant effect of the Cocoa is inhibited by the action of milk with which it is accompanied .
On the other hand, as the base of this mousse is tofu , we benefit from its high content of proteins and calcium , lecithins , omega 3 and vitamins E , K and group B ( B1 , B2 , B3 and B6 ).
Therefore, although it is not advisable to abuse chocolate consumption because of its richness in saturated fats, from time to time we can enjoy a sweet dessert like this and the nutrients that give us its main ingredients.
Below you can see what ingredients you need and the steps to follow to make this mousse.
|Difficulty level||Preparation time||Rations|
|Easy||15 m.||For 3 people|
- 200 gr. extra-firm silky tofu
- 60 ml. soy milk
- 3 spoons of agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 100 gr. dark chocolate
- Drain the tofu well, crumble it and pour it into the glass of the blender. Add the soy milk, the syrup and the vanilla extract and beat until it is a smooth consistency.
- In a saucepan, melt the chocolate while stirring it with a silicone spatula. Once melted, remove from heat and let it cool for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- We put the chocolate in the glass of the blender where we have the rest of the ingredients and beat until everything is well mixed. We throw down the remains that remain on the walls of the glass with the spatula to not lose anything and we beat again.
- When the mousse is ready, we pass it to an airtight container and put it in the fridge for 1 or 2 hours so that it finishes getting the texture that characterizes it.
- It is important that the tofu is extra-firm silky (Mori-Nu type, Morinaga brand), because with another type of tofu, the resulting texture will not be exactly mousse.
- You can substitute soy milk for any other vegetable milk, such as rice or oatmeal.
- This mousse can be consumed as a dessert as is, freeze it to consume it frozen or use it as a topping for cupcakes or cakes.
If you have any questions, you can leave it to us in the comments. And if you dare and want to show your creations to the world, do not hesitate to label us, we will love to see them through the networks!
Do you join us on social networks? You will find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!