Fajitas are one of the most top dishes of Mexican cuisine, since they usually have a combination of spices that make them super tasty and really addictive.
So, just by replacing animal flesh with soy meat, we can enjoy all its flavor but in a more healthy, ethical and sustainable way.
This recipe is an alternative free of ingredients of animal origin and, therefore, without cholesterol, which retains all the flavor thanks to the vegetables and spices with which it is made, which provide intensity and delicious spicy nuances.
Its filling makes these fajitas a dish rich in proteins , carbohydrates , fiber , beta-carotene , lycopene , tryptophan , flavonoids , vitamins A , C , D , E , G and group B ( B1 , B2 , B3 , B6 and B9 or acid folic acid ), sulfur , calcium , phosphorus , iron , magnesium , manganese , potassium , selenium , sodium , iodine and, to a lesser extent, copper and zinc .
Below you can see what ingredients you need and the steps to follow in order to make this Mexican delicacy in its best version.
|Difficulty level||Preparation time||Rations|
|Easy||30 m.||For 2 people|
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 55 gr. textured soy
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon curry
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cayenne chillies
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning for skewers
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 corn tortillas
- Put the textured soy in a saucepan with warm water for 15 minutes to hydrate. After this time, we drained it well and booked.
- Cut the onion, the green pepper, the red pepper and the julienne carrot.
- In a large pan, put to heat the oil and, when it is warm, take the onion and let it to be done for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- We toss the rest of the vegetables, stir well so they mix and do not burn, and let them cook for 5 more minutes.
- After this time, we tossed the textured soybeans, added the salt, the spices, the garlic, the cayenne peppers without seeds and the soy sauce. We mix everything well so that the flavor is evenly distributed and let it be done for another 5 minutes, stirring so that it does not burn.
- When we have it ready, extinguish the fire and, in a clean pan, heat the tortillas for a few seconds on each side and assemble the fajitas filling the tortillas and closing them.
- We recommend avoiding the use of Kikkoman soy sauce because it tests on animals.
If you have any questions, you can leave it to us in the comments. And if you dare and want to show your creations to the world, do not hesitate to label us, we will love to see them through the networks!
Do you join us on social networks? You will find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!