Fried milk is a typical Easter dessert that usually has a square shape (about 3 cm in size and about 2 cm thick) and a soft texture with an interior very similar to cream, but with greater density.
This 100% vegetable version is like the orange pastry cream that we prepare to fill the coca of Sant Joan , but without the juice and with a little more cornstarch so that it has greater consistency, and a little less sugar because the touch final is the sugar and cinnamon batter.
This makes this recipe very easy to prepare, since it is made with very simple ingredients that we usually have in the kitchen and that are very easy to find.
Below you can see what ingredients you need and the steps to follow in order to make this typical recipe for these holidays.
|Difficulty level||Preparation time||Rations|
|Easy||45 m.||For 15 units|
* Plus 30 minutes of refrigeration
- 500 ml. soy milk
- 65 gr. corn starch
- 65 gr. whole cane sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- the skin of 1 lemon
- rice flour (to coat)
- extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons whole cane sugar (to coat)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (to coat)
- We wrap a square or rectangular container with transparent film and, in a saucepan, heat the soy milk with the cinnamon stick and the lemon peel.
- When it begins to boil, lower the heat, remove the lemon peel and the cinnamon stick, and throw the 65 gr. of sugar. Remove and remove from heat, stirring constantly to dissolve the sugar.
- Remove a cup of the milk from the saucepan, remove the starch and stir well so that it falls apart completely and there are no lumps.
- We put the saucepan back on the fire and, with this last low, add the contents of the cup. When we see that it begins to thicken, which is almost instantaneous, we extinguish the fire.
- We put the mixture in the container we have with the transparent film and put it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- After this time, we remove the mixture from the freezer and cut it into square pieces of about 3 cm with a height of 2 cm.
- In a frying pan, we heat enough oil to fry, and put the flour on a plate. Rebozamos the pieces in the flour and, when the oil is hot, we frying the pieces in batches, trying to brown on all sides without burning. As they are golden, we take them out and place them on a plate with absorbent paper.
- In another dish, we toss the sugar and the cinnamon to coat, we mix and, when we have all the pieces fried, we go over them in the mixture. When all the pieces are breaded, serve them warm or cold.
- You can use both rice flour and whole wheat flour.
- We recommend that for frying, you use Arbequina variety oil, since its flavor is softer.
- You can give it a square, rectangular or round shape.
If you have any questions, you can leave it to us in the comments. And if you dare and want to show your creations to the world, do not hesitate to label us, we will love to see them through the networks!
Do you join us on social networks? You will find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!