Although the tripe is a very popular dish inside and outside Spain, this version has its origin in the lands of Extremadura, specifically in the region of Vera. That is why the star ingredients of this recipe are the paprika from La Vera, with a smoky aroma and flavor; and the chilli pepper, which gives it that robust, warm flavor and with a high dose of intensity.
Fusing its traditional sauce with ingredients of the highest quality, an even more delicious dish is born than its predecessor, with the highest nutritional value and adapted to the new times, where the care of our health, of the animals and of the planet comes first.
This is a dish rich in flavonoids , amino acids , fiber , allicin , alliin , complex carbohydrates , beta carotene , vitamins C , E , K and group B ( B1 , B2 , B3 , B5 , B6 and B9 or folic acid ), sulfur , calcium , copper , phosphorus , iron , magnesium , manganese , potassium , selenium , silicon , sodium and zinc .
Below you can see what ingredients you need and the steps to follow in order to make the most refined version of this dish that is more than 5 centuries old.
|Difficulty level||Preparation time||Rations|
|Half||1 h.||For 4 servings|
- 1 kg. mushroom oyster (girgolas)
- 1 onion (big)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika (from the side)
- 1 red chilli pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 vegetable broth pill
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 500 ml. water
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons corn starch (rasas)
- We cut the mushrooms into irregular pieces that are not too big, we wash them and drain them.
- In a large pan, put half the oil to heat. When it is warm, we toss the mushrooms and let them release the water they hold. Once there is little liquid, we pass them to a large pot and reserve.
- Chop the onion and half of the garlic and, in the same pan where we have made the mushrooms, we put the rest of the oil to heat. When the oil is warm, we toss the onion and garlic and let it poach over medium heat. Once the onion is transparent, we toss it next to the garlic in the glass of the blender and grind.
- We put the crushed onion and garlic back to the pan, we toss the leaves of laurel, the chilli, the water and the broth tablet, and we hope that it boils during about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, we put the starch in a cup and add a little cold water to dissolve it. Next, we pass it to the pan where we have the rest of the ingredients, add the paprika and stir everything.
- In a mortar, prepare a flock with the rest of garlic and cumin and add it to the pan. After 10 minutes, we turned off and passed everything to the pot where we have the mushrooms.
- Let everything be done together for 15 minutes on medium heat so that the mushrooms take the flavor, stirring occasionally to avoid that they get caught in the bottom of the pot and, if necessary, rectify salt. After this time, we put out the fire and serve.
- If you do not have red chilli pepper, you can replace it with small cayenne pepper. Each chilli will be replaced by 2 small cayenne peppers.
If you have any questions, you can leave it to us in the comments. And if you dare and want to show your creations to the world, do not hesitate to label us, we will love to see them through the networks!
Do you join us on social networks? You will find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!