This dish offers a different and delicious option to consume a nutritious and healthy food such as cauliflower. Its great attraction lies in its flavor, a sweet and exquisite taste with mild spicy notes that gradually gain intensity to form an amalgam of flavors absolutely captivating.
And it is that the cauliflower is varnished with an irresistible and original glaze that, in addition, combines perfectly with other vegetables and ingredients such as tofu, seitan or tempeh.
So, this baked cauliflower with sweet chili sauce is ideal for eating alone, but also to serve it in tacos and pizzas, with rice noodles or simply with steamed rice.
This tasty dish contains amino acids , lycopene , fiber , omega 9 fatty acids, vitamins A , E and group B ( alpha-lipoic acid and vitamins B3 and B9 or folic acid ), sulfur , boron , calcium , phosphorus , iron and potassium .
Below you can see what ingredients you need and the steps to follow in order to make one of the richest cauliflower dishes that exist.
|For 2 people
* Plus 1 hour of maceration
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 spoons of agave syrup
- 1 red chile
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 100 gr. tomato
- We wash the cauliflower, we separate the flowers from the trunk, we pass them to a drainer to eliminate the excess water and we reserve.
- In a saucepan, add the syrup, vinegar, tamari sauce, pepper, salt and oil and reserve as well.
- We wash the chili, open it in half, remove the seeds and cut it finely. Next, we add it to the saucepan where we have the other ingredients, stir and let marinate everything for 1 hour.
- After this time, we passed all the mixture to a pan, add the tomato and let it cook for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Turn off the heat, pass the sauce to the glass of the blender and grind well. We reserve
- We preheat the oven to 175º and, while we put vegetable paper on a baking tray, sprinkle the paper with a little oil and place the cauliflower flowers on top.
- We generously varnish the cauliflower flowers with the sauce that we have prepared and introduce the tray in the oven, in the second guide starting from below. Let it be done for 40 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender, being careful not to burn. After this time, we take the tray out of the oven and serve.
- You can use both tamari soy sauce and shoyu soy sauce, the difference is that tamari does not contain gluten and its taste is somewhat more intense.
- If you want the cauliflower to be more impregnated with sauce, you can dip the cauliflower flowers in the sauce before passing them to the oven tray instead of varnishing them.
If you have any questions, you can leave it to us in the comments. And if you dare and want to show your creations to the world, do not hesitate to label us, we will love to see them through the networks!
Do you join us on social networks? You will find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!