This is an ideal dish for any special event, so it is undoubtedly a great choice for the holidays. And it is a recipe of sweet and festive flavor, where the aroma of Pedro Ximénez grape wine has a delicious protagonism that is really captivating.
Another element that conquers from the first moment is its velvety texture, because thanks to the fine ingredients that make up the sauce, it has an exquisite and soft creamy point that envelops the palate.
If we delve into its ingredients, it is worth noting the importance of the quality of seitan used to make this dish. When using a tender, spongy and mild-tasting seitan, the sauce penetrates perfectly and we get a juicy, tasty result and where the flavors are not altered by the strong flavors that some types of seitan can present.
Seitan is, at the nutritional level, a very interesting food, since it contains very few calories and fats, it is low in sodium, it is free of cholesterol, and it is very rich in proteins, lecithin, calcium, potassium, iron and magnesium.
Thus, and if we analyze the components of this dish as a whole, we see that it is rich in proteins , lecithin , allicin , alliin , flavonoids , carbohydrates , isoflavones , carotenes , terpenoids , fiber , omega 3 , omega 6 and omega 9 ; resveratrol , vitamins A , C , E , K and group B (especially B1 , B6 and B9 or folic acid ); sulfur , boron , calcium , copper , phosphorus , iron , magnesium , manganese , potassium , selenium , sodium and, in smaller quantity, zinc .
Then you can see what ingredients you need and the steps to follow to make a recipe to match the most special occasion and the most demanding palates.
Below you can see what ingredients you need and the steps to follow in order to make a recipe at the height of the most special occasion and the most demanding palates.
|Difficulty level||Preparation time||Rations|
|Easy||1 h.||For 4 people|
- We put to moisturize the raisins in warm water for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, we mix the pepper with half the salt and cut the seitan into 1.5 cm fillets. thick. We pepper the steaks with the mixture we have prepared and reserve.
- We put the oil in a large pot to heat over medium heat and, when it is warm, let's steam the fillets on both sides. Once sealed, we pass them to a plate and reserve.
- Cut the onion and garlic lightly. We put the pot back on with the oil that has been left over to seal the seitan, we toss the onion and the garlic and let it be done on medium heat for 5 minutes, until they get poached.
- After this time, we added the wine and left a couple of minutes for the alcohol to evaporate. Next, we throw out the corn starch and stir it so that it melts well and does not form lumps.
- Add the cream, stir, transfer everything to the glass of the blender and grind.
- We place the fillets of seitan in the pot together with the pine nuts and the raisins well drained.
- We put the sauce from the glass of the blender over the seitan that we have in the pot and add the glass of water and the rest of the salt. Let it cook for 15 minutes on low heat, stir frequently so that the seitan is well impregnated with the sauce on all sides and, after this time, turn off the fire and serve.
- If you can not find Pedro Ximénez grape wine, you can use any other wine that, like this one, has a very sweet flavor.
- Make sure that the wine you use has not used a product of animal origin for processing, since during the clarification process elements such as animal albumin, milk proteins, gelatin or fish tail are usually used.
- If you want a more juicy and intense flavor, you can marinate the seitan for a couple of hours with a little Pedro Ximénez sweet wine. for this, it is important that seitan has a flavor as soft and neutral as possible, since if it has a strong flavor, the result can be altered by the base flavor of seitan.
If you have any questions, you can leave it to us in the comments. And if you dare and want to show your creations to the world, do not hesitate to label us, we will love to see them through the networks!
Do you join us on social networks? You will find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!