The carbonara is one of the best known recipes of Italian cuisine, and also one of the most exported and versioned since it appeared for the first time written by Ippolito Cavalcanti in 1839.
Although originally in the Apennines, 'carbonara' referred to a pasta dish used to be taken by miners in the area who worked in charcoal extraction (in Italian 'carbonari', hence the name), with the passage of years has been derived in different versions to become known as a creamy sauce of subtle flavor that is added to pasta, pizzas and other and various dishes.
Its flavor is very creamy and delicate, highlighting in it the rich accents of sofrito and the contrast that seitan brings, also adding a certain dose of intensity.
This is a very quick and easy to prepare sauce and, being made exclusively with ingredients of vegetable origin, does not contain cholesterol, lactose or trans fats.
In addition, it is rich in proteins , lecithin , fiber , flavonoids , alliin , vitamins C and group B ( B1 , B2 , B3 , B6 and B9 or folic acid ), calcium , copper , chromium , phosphorus , iron , lithium , manganese , magnesium , molybdenum , potassium , selenium , vanadium and zinc .
Below you can see what ingredients you need and the steps to follow in order to make one of the creamiest sauces in Italian cuisine.
|Difficulty level||Preparation time||Rations|
|Easy||30 m.||For 200 milliliters|
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 100 gr. of seitan
- 250 ml. of vegetable cream for home cooking
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 and 1/2 spoons of nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Grate the garlic, cut the seitan into small pieces and, in a large pan, put to heat the oil over medium heat. When it is warm, we toss the garlic and stir a little, making sure it does not burn.
- We add the seitan, we remove everything again and let it be done for 5 minutes.
- After this time, we toss the vegetable cream, salt and pepper, stir to mix well with the rest of the ingredients, and let it be done for 10 minutes over low heat so that it thickens, stirring from time to time.
- We add the nutritional yeast, we correct salt and we take a few turns. We extinguish the fire and serve with pasta dishes, pizzas or what we prefer.
If you have any questions, you can leave it to us in the comments. And if you dare and want to show your creations to the world, do not hesitate to label us, we will love to see them through the networks!
Do you join us on social networks? You will find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!