This is a different lasagna, with an autumnal flavor and a creamy and absolutely delicious texture.
Its composition combines the comforting flavors typical of autumn and the coldest months of the year: that of pumpkin and that of mushrooms, Portobello in this case. The pumpkin melts with the béchamel to make an extra juicy dish and, thanks to the mushrooms and mild spices, extraordinarily tasty.
Nutritionally, this recipe is rich in carotenes, lycopene, coumarins, fiber, proteins, allicin, alliin, flavonoids, carbohydrates, tryptophan, phytosterols, lecithin, isoflavones, terpenoids, omega 3, omega 6 and omega 9 fatty acids; vitamins A, C, E, K and group B (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6 and B9 or folic acid); sulfur, calcium, copper, chromium, phosphorus, lithium, magnesium, manganese, molybdenum, potassium, selenium, sodium, vanadium and, to a lesser extent, iron and zinc.
Below you can see what ingredients you need and the steps to follow to make an original and comforting lasagna with delicious scents.
|Difficulty level||Preparation time||Rations|
|Medium||1 h. y 30 m.||For 6 servings|
- 1 kg. pumpkin (peeled and seeded)
- 400 gr. portobello mushroom
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (ground)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1000 ml. vegetable bechamel
- 9 pre-cooked lasagna noodles
- 30 gr. cashew parmesan
- Put water in a pot, cut the pumpkin into pieces, add it to the pot and let it cook for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, make the bechamel.
- After this time, put the pumpkin to drain in a strainer, drain it very well and set aside.
- We peel the onion and garlic cloves, grate 2 garlic cloves and laminate the rest. We booked.
- Wash the mushrooms and cut them into slices. Set aside.
- We transfer the pumpkin to a bowl and mash it until it becomes a puree. We also booked.
- Put the oil to heat in a pan and, when it is warm, add the laminated garlic. When it is golden brown, put it aside, add the mushrooms and cook these over medium heat for 5 minutes. After this time, put them on a plate.
- In the same pan, with the same oil that has remained from frying the mushrooms, add the onion with the grated garlic and let it poach for 5 minutes.
- Next, add the pumpkin and the mushrooms and stir a little. Add the nutmeg, pepper and salt, stir again and let it cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add 50 ml. vegetable bechamel and stir again so that all the ingredients are mixed. We turn off the fire and reserve.
- Put water to boil in a pot and cook the lasagna noodles as indicated in the instructions.
- Once the lasagna noodles are cooked, assemble the lasagna in an oven-safe dish while the oven preheats to 200º. To assemble the lasagna, put a little béchamel sauce in the bottom of the baking dish so that the lasagna noodles do not stick together and cover the bottom with lasagna noodles, placing them one next to the other, so that the bottom of the baking dish is covered.
- Take a little filling from the pan, spread it on the lasagna noodles and add a little cashew parmesan. Cover this layer with more lasagna noodles, arranging them in the same way as before. Add the filling again, spread it well and add a little cashew parmesan on top.
- Close the lasagna with the remaining lasagna noodles in the same way as the previous times and pour the rest of the béchamel all over the baking dish, covering well the lasagna noodles. Next, put the lasagna in the oven and grill for 15 minutes. When the surface of the lasagna is au gratin, remove the bakinng dish from the oven and serve with cashew parmesan sprinkled on top.
If you have any questions, you can leave it to us in the comments. And if you dare and want to show your creations to the world, do not hesitate to label us, we will love to see them through the networks!
Do you join us on social networks? You will find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!