This recipe is ideal both to eat at home and to take to the countryside, to the beach or to the office, as it is just as delicious both hot and cold and it keeps very well.
This kind of pies are a wonderful option to indulge yourself in a thousand different ways, as they accept endless combinations of ingredients inside. This one that concerns us is a pie filled with vegetable meat, vegetables and mushrooms, so it is very tasty and rich in nuances and its texture is juicy and with irresistible contrasts.
The composition of this pie means that, in addition to being an animal and environmentally friendly pie, it is nutritionally free of cholesterol and rich in protein, lecithin, isoflavones , carbohydrates, tryptophan, beta-carotene, lycopene, flavonoids, thymol, allicin, alliin , fiber, malic, oleic and linoleic acids ; vitamins A, C, E, K and group B ( B1, B2, B3, B6 and B9 or folic acid ; sulfur, calcium, cobalt, chromium, phosphorus, iron, magnesium , manganese, potassium, selenium, sodium , iodine, zinc and, to a lesser extent, copper.
Below you can see what ingredients you need and the steps to follow in order to make a delicious, healthy and nutritious vegan pie.
|1 h. y 15 m.
|For 6 servings
* Plus 1 hour of rest
Ingredients for the dough
- 500 gr. strong flour
- 250 ml. water (warm)
- 100 ml. extra virgin olive oil (Smooth flavor)
- 1 teaspoon salt
Ingredients for the stuffing
- 100 gr. textured pea protein (mince)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 1 onion
- 1 leek
- 100 gr. mushroom
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper (ground)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 250 ml. water
- First, prepare the dough. To do this, pour the flour into a bowl and make a hole in the center of it. Put the salt on one side and add the water in the hole little by little and mix. Next, add the oil and continue mixing for 5 minutes, until obtaining a dough.
- After this time, put the dough on a smooth surface sprinkled with a little flour and knead for 5 more minutes.
- After this time, shape the dough into a ball, put it in the bowl, cover it with a clean cloth and let it settle in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling of the pie. To do this, heat the water with the vinegar and, when the water starts to boil, add the pea protein and let it cook for 3 minutes. After this time, remove it from the heat, put it under fresh water in a strainer to remove the vinegar well, squeeze it well to remove as much water as possible and let it drain to finish removing it. Set aside.
- Wash the mushrooms and cut them into slices. Set aside.
- Wash the vegetables and cut them into small cubes. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and, when the oil is warm, add the onion and leek and let them cook over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- After this time, add the peppers and zucchini and let everything cook for 5 minutes.
- After this time, add the mushrooms and let everything cook for 3 more minutes.
- After this time, add the pea protein, thyme, ground pepper and salt and let everything cook for 5 minutes, stirring so that all the ingredients get well mixed. After this time, rectify the salt, remove from the heat and let the filling temper.
- After the dough's resting time has elapsed, preheat the oven to 200ºC and, in the meantime, take the dough out of the fridge and divide it into two equal parts. Take one half, place it on baking paper with a little flour sprinkled on it and, with the help of a rolling pin, stretch it to a thickness of approximately 0.5 cm. When the dough is stretched, transfer it to a mold with the baking paper and pour the filling on it, distributing it equally over the entire base, except for the edges, which must remain free.
- When the base is filled, take the other half of the dough and, on a smooth surface, add a little flour and stretch it in the same way as before, leaving 0.5 cm. thick. Next, put it on the filling carefully, covering it, and close the dough joining the 2 parts together, sealing the edges. Next, prick the surface of the pie with a toothpick or a fork and make a small opening in the center of the pie so that when it is cooked it does not swell.
- Spread sparingly some oil with a silcone brush on the surface of the pie and, when the oven is hot, put the mold in the oven and bake for 45 minutes, making sure it does not burn. When the dough is golden, remove it from the oven, let it cool down and serve.
- If you want, you can substitute textured pea protein mince for textured soy protein mince.
- If you don't have a rolling pin, you can use a clean, smooth glass bottle to roll out the dough.
If you have any questions, you can leave it to us in the comments. And if you dare and want to show your creations to the world, do not hesitate to label us, we will love to see them through the networks!
Do you join us on social networks? You will find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!